Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kikmaster - Same Shit Everyday

Artist: Kikmaster
Release: Same Shit Everyday
Label:
iLLpHABETik
Year: 2006
Format: MP3
Tracks: 5
TRT: 14:26

I happened upon this label while searching for other MP3 only labels and I came across this one that releases purely breakcore/acid/ drum n' bass type music. Being a fan of Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares I though I'd randomly download one and this was it. I was not disappointed.


Kikmaster comes at you with a short EP release with 5 tracks. The first one, Kill The Master, is pure breakcore with the occasionally glitch break here and there. In your face and a real danceable track if your into this. The second track, The Door To Satan's World, starts off with a heavily distorted drum beat, then smoothes off in a trance for a short 10 seconds, breaks back into the glitch rhythmic bliss and pans off leaving you face a fucking mess. Yeah, total chaos, a noise lover’s dream and the best track on this EP for me. Number 3, Djamalungma Master is a short 1:31, but it gets it’s point across. Great drum beat with a vocal scratch. Blast this one baby. Track 4, I like to tune a radio, is an odd one. Lots of that 8-bit NES feel to it and it could have been on an old video game for sure…like the lost track to World 8-1 on Mario Bros. or something. Not my style, but it’s well written. The final track, Horror Outro, is the most experimental piece on here. Very dark and slow compared with the other tracks on here. It ends the EP off with a good touch and I want more damn it.


A very good listen for what you pay for…which is nothing…it’s fucking free and it’s all good. I will say that I have downloaded another album as well and it to has made me want to burn it and play in on my stereo again and again. This label will keep me coming back thanks to releases like this and all I have to do is; rightclick-save-ok!!!