Sunday, May 21, 2006

Torturing Nurse - Does Utmost

Artist: Torturing Nurse
Release: Does Utmost
Label: Roil Noise Offensive
Year: 2006
Format: CDr (DIY)
Tracks: 2
TRT: 40:34


You like "live" noise?
Yes, it has a very real sound to it and I think it is the most artistic form of performing out there. Have you picked up the latest release by Torturing Nurse?
Yes I did and I must say it made me fell like they were in my fucking house bashing thier vocal distress about my face.
Really? What makes this release "Does Utmost" so special for you to say something like that? For starters Youki and Junky mix a lot of sounds together in both tracks and you can tell that they are using their bodies in their noise performance. Moving and shaking around the room, bashing drums with their skulls and just all around creating a hell of a sound. Lots of yelling and emotion going on. Gets me very involved I'd say.
Yes. TN has been known to have that effect on their listeners. Does the noise seem to be something that would attract new listeners?
No. In fact, get your children out while you can. It will attract them too much I'd say. There have been people that have come out of their live shows and have then gone on to go crazy and start killing people. Body dismemberment and just plain weird shit.
That so? Well, I'd better get out of here then (*laughs*). Seriously now, what kinds of sounds are in this newest release?
Hmmmm, lots. What you hear is junk noise at it's best. Vocals, drums, scratches, toys, harmonica, and broken bones. Great mix of material and gets me back to what noise creativity use to be instead of this newer laptop shitte!!!
Wow, a bold statement coming from (name omitted due to privacy law)...let's hear a sample folks, shall we?

This is the final part of this interview done at a radio station in Canada. After a sample of the track titled "You are my jonky" was played, crowds gathered all around and the town literally turned it into a blood bath. The master tape of this interview was found after the 2 week clean up. The performance of this release can be found for $4.56 at the Roil Noise label, but listeners are now warned.