Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Textured Bird Transmission - Purple Weighted Pellets Of Despair

Artist: Textured Bird Transmission
Release: Purple Weighted Pellets Of Despair
Label:
Dead Sea Liner
Year: 2006
Format: CDr
Tracks: 1
TRT: 28:48


Holy ambient!!! This is the first release from the label Dead Sea Liner and Jesus Fucking Christ is it good. It’s a short 28 minutes but holy hell this is some of the best ambient noise you will hear. You ever listen to the Bladerunner soundtrack or something from Tangerine Dream, well; this should be included in that list and put in a movie somehow. It’s that good.

I have never heard of the band to be honest but I will perform a seek and hunt now because of this release. It takes about 4 minutes for the sounds to start to pick up and then the greatness begins. Within the tonal musical bliss there is this low synth held down in the background that I just love to death. It sounds much like those creepy 80’s horror movies that used those synths a lot. Listening to this put me in a fucking trance and it was in large part to the held down tone. About half way through it varies a bit and picks up in intensity, still perfect. Holy shit, my head is going to explode. Like massive waves crashing on my head, but viewed in 100 times slow motion. The splashes and water drops twinkle from the crash and spread through the air to create the fog that blankets my mind. Yeah, I’ll say anything, I’m fucking in a trance and this is my new favorite release of 2006.

I am such a lucky guy to have gotten this for free, seriously. You now must by it. I can’t recommend it enough over anything else. It cost 2 pounds which is about $4 American so it’s yours for that cheap. The artwork is simply a red paper slipped in a plastic sleeve. It’s printed nice and I think it suits this release perfectly. If you can’t dream at nights, this release well help. Get it!