Sunday, May 21, 2006

Random Insults - Wir Siegen Wieder - Ja, Ja...

Artist: Random Insults
Release: Wir Siegen Wieder - Ja, Ja...
Label: Roil Noise Offensive
Year: 2006
Format: CDr (pro-pressed)
Tracks: 16
TRT: 76:35



The latest offering from Puerto Rico industrial/noise artist Random Insults. Sixteen ear bust'n, bass blast'n tracks that put you in the heart of war. What Random Insults does in this release is great. He mixes the perfect style of noise and industrial music to gives us fans of both genre's something to smile about. Hard pounding drums with great use of guitar samples and synths. As with each RI release you get Kai's great vocals. However, in this release they are mostly in German. But who really cares anyway. I ended up buying most of Wumpscut's releases in German anyway. Something about the language screams attention with industrial music. "Listen to this you fucks! I'm pushing forward and don't get in my way!" Well, sort of.

There are a lot of great tracks on this disc. "The Last Time Ever", "Last Warning", "Obey!", "The Hammer (of Zeus)", "Needles In My Eye", and the title track "Wir Siegen Wieder - Ja, Ja..." is bloody amazing and should be marketed as a 7" single. If I had the money I'd do just that. Heavy bass and synth with great vocals, a very well produced track. With Random Insults your getting great music and I can't say anything wrong about this release except for one thing. After listing to this release in one sitting you kind of get a bit too much of it. I think 60 minutes would have been perfect but at 76 minutes I find myself not really getting as interested in the last 5 tracks than I did with the first few. After putting this disc on random I found that the last tracks were well done too, so it wasn't as if they bored me. Just to much of a good thing I guess.

The artwork was very well done also. Done by Cole Morse and Noah Fleischman as a kind of online request, they did a good job. A dark faceless army approaches. Subtle and effective for this release. A pro-press release for $8 even. You get it all with Random Insults.