Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The S.U.N.C.D. Project - The Sun CD

Artist: The S.U.N.C.D. Project
Release: The Sun CD
Label: Krakilsk
Year: 2007
Format: CDr
Tracks: 9
TRT: 69:23


The S.U.N.C.D. Project is made up of Roar Borge and Arnfinn Killingtveit, both of which are new to me so this entire project is a first listen. It starts off with an odd 11 minute track titled "Life….", which sounds almost the same as track 5 "Life On The Sun". Here we get to hear bubble boiling sounds, sci-fi effect sounds and ambient wisps. Track 2, Raga Orientellus, features a simple tribal drum sample admist more sci-fi sounds pulsing in and out. Track 4, Climate Manipulation, is a fairly good ambient piece with long drones and hidden sounds you have to be careful to listen for or you’ll miss them. Track 7 is much the same except it’s even quieter. I had to turn up the volume just to hear most of it, which I hate! It was good though once I got to hear it. The disc closes off with a nice slow moving ambient drum track. Very nice and kinda reminded me of a creepy zombie movie scene from the 70’s. Overall this disc wasn’t the best stuff I’ve heard but there were some interesting moments. Enough to make me want to play it again when I need something soft to listen to.