Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Chefkirk - Analysis Of Anxieties

Artist: chefkirk
Release: Analysis Of Anxieties
Label: Krakilsk
Year: 2007
Format: CDr
Tracks: 14
TRT: 24:27


14 untitled tracks from chefkirk and along the lines of some more high pitched sounds that I’m use to hearing from this project. I remember a year ago I couldn’t stand this style of noise but after projects like Caustic Castle and this one I’m really enjoying it and it doesn’t bother me at all. Since there’s no track titles and it runs as if it’s one long track I’ll just describe the release in total. Chefkrik seems to start out his noise with a subtle high pitch, that’s always either hanging around under other noise or comes in and out while he twitches his knobs. A few times through the release we get to hear some heavy bass noise and it’s good to get once and a while as it keeps my ears in tune. There’s also a few times we get to hear a lot of crashing noise going on, but once again we get checked back to a high pitch before something else happens. The artwork for this release is fairly simple. A picture of what looks like the aftermath of a small earthquake, pretty much a cracked road but it suites this release a lot I think. If you’ve listened to chefkirk material you’ll notice that all the tracks were recorded straight to hard disc with no edits. Very well done material but it isn’t 100% "new" sounding from him either, just refreshing.