Monday, April 03, 2006

Goat - Goat's Holy Mountain

Artist: Goat
Release: Goat’s Holy Mountain
Label:
Harshnoise
Year: 2006
Format: CDr
Tracks: 1
TRT: 53:29


I found a scroll I thought you all should read. It was buried under black dried sand next to an old path. I picked it up with amazement and was surprised to find out the contents. It read as follows:

"…being on this pathe of some duration, I was sent forthe by mine master to finde the loste and unco temples that hath been soughte after ever and anon by man-kinde for a wonderous counte of years. The journey was treacherous and abounden withe greate perils. In the greate distance, I coulde ken mine salvation. T’was the Mountain mine master had badeth me to finde, The Holy Mountain. Temples layeth atop this virtuous rock. I coulde seeth a moste olde path that I needeth to traverse to reach the heights and the Temples there-upon. I wondereth why a path existen when this hath been soughte after for many an age of mankinde. Surely some-body knew where these Temples abode? I thoughte upon it no-more an moved with greate secrecy towards mine goal. Alas! I spy’ed a greate beaste layen afore me. A’fulle of haire and fulle bodied in strengthe. The beaste espied mine gaze and gaveth chase. I soon founde myself loste, but safe in this unco place. The creature seemeth to hath returned to guarding the unco pathe and at that wonderous momente I kneweth it for what it were…a Yeti! It guardeth here the Temples of life’s secretes. I could meene what mine master coveteth… wisdome; of the Temples of the Yeti."

A grand legend to match an equally grand release from Harshnoise. Goat seems to be offering a very harsh live set here and you can tell, during the halfway point, that there seems to be some cord-switching going on. This doesn’t take away from the performance though and it’s defiantly a long 53 minutes, but so worth it. The first 13 copies of this release also came with a fairly well done bizcard release, Göatmeister, which is limited to 50. Short and sweet. Unfortunately most of this scroll has been lost or torn away. Rumor has it that Andy may have found it, but the Temples of the Yeti may never be found again on the Goat’s Holy Mountain.