Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Robotic Daly, Eraritjaritjaka, Rotted Brain - Debutantes

Artist: Robotic Daly, Eraritjaritjaka, Rotted Brain
Release: Debutantes
Label:
Alienated Hominid Recordings
Year: 2006
Format: CDr
Tracks: 13 (3-9-2)
TRT: 45:41


A 3-way split featuring 3 artists that my ears are getting a first taste of. The packing is a slimcase with a glued picture on the back and an insert of an Indian wedding it looks like. Gross. The CDr is nicely spray painted with a bloody looking red.
Robotic Daly offers up 3 harsh-ass wall noise tracks with some fairly nice textures. I did not get bored listening to these tracks as something was always going on in the background. Fan of Vomir or The Rita? Check out more Robotic Daly as it’s a similar experience. Great pedal abuse.
Eraritjaritjaka, say that 3 times fast, offers 9 tracks of some fucked up noise. Can’t really tell what the hell he’s doing at times and there is a great range of noise levels and experimentation between the tracks. Most of the tracks are fairly short, under 1 minute, and I think it works for this release. There is also a live 5-minute track that is my favorite from this set of his. After hearing 3 harsh tracks I needed something different and this artist gave me that. Good bridge leading towards Rotted Brain.
The last artist of this 3-way is Rotted Brain, and he pulls out 2 blisters with some great layered noise. Lots of high pitches, low scraps, hisses, and brutal vocal noise going on. A good mix and it finishes off the 3-way nicely. The last track is especially good with just the types of sounds I was expecting from Rotted Brain. Kind of a wall hiss noise track with subtle layers deep within the wall. Listen closely. I’m a big fan of 3-way splits as it gives the listener a good chance to here what the artists is all about and possible purchase more single releases from those artists…which in my case, I will.