Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Various - Haris Pilton Noise

Artist: Various
Release: Haris Pilton

Label: Roil Noise Rubbish
Year: 2006
Format: 5" CDr
Tracks: 13
TRT: 54:07


Roil Noise Rubbish is a new label run as a "trade only" style under the noiser Rubbish. This CDr is the first compilation on the label and is very DIY. There are a total of 13 tracks, some copies have 12 from what I hear but I believe the unlisted tracks are Rubbish himself anyway. I'll list an artist by artist review for the compilation seeing as how there's a few different styles of noise but they have one thing in common, they're all remixes of Paris Hilton tracks.

Starting the disc is an opening track by ADF. Put Things In My Butt is a great opener. Harsh scrap'n remix loops of some great pop beats. It's opens with Paris "Make a lot of noise, I don't wanna be quiet." Suits it to a "T". You can actual bob your head up and down to this noise remix too.


The next 3 tracks, The Morning After A Night In Paris Parts 1-3, are glitch remixes done by Circle Six. Turning out to be a glitch master after I hear each release I just love what he did with Paris Hilton's tracks. There are a number of things happening within each of the 3 songs. Groovy skips and loops. Manipulation of speed with her vocals and music. Sometimes there's a drone or two and track three ends very industrial like. It's great! I'm reminded a lot of Kid 606 when I hear Circle Six remixes.
Track 5, Coca-Cola, is an untitled track. Fully distorted and fucked up. Again, Paris Hilton sample "Make a lot of noise" is heard throughout. I like the track but I think too much of the original was used. I wanna hear noise, not pop music.


Next two tracks are done by E.E. First one, Eeriolmegamix, uses great loops and a lot of fucking bass but the track is way to repetitive for my taste. The next track of E.E.ItstheParisHiltonAss! is the longest at over 10 minutes. It begins with a great opener of some child’s cartoon that has words spliced together to say, "It's the Paris Hilton Ass!". It then goes into total wall noise with some high pitched sounds here and there and scratches as well. Keeps you on your toes. Back and forth back and forth. Then the outro follows. Clean well-done noise. Can't hear much of the original PH in this one.


Hematurge follows with a great harsh blitz, I'm Not Leaving Without You Impaled. It's harsh wall noise heaven with subtle loops here and there. My kind of noise for sure as this is some of the style I'm use to playing myself. at 3:46 is short and sweet. Probably my favorite on the comp.


Lonely Carbon follows with Y-soula-Ej. This track is probably the least noisiest on the compilation. It's pretty much a remix of a PH track with bass added. Repetitive and it could have been better if the bass, which is very good, was left by itself with noise.


Nxfxtxex comes with the most ambient sounding track, Putthecucumberupmybutt!. I like this one a lot. You can just barely tell that PH samples are being used and that notes are being stretched. Great feel and looped well. Very digital feel to it too.


Paris Hitler, whoever this noiser is, comes with a low-fi track that's pretty mono and sounds like it was done live in a bar. Not that great and pretty boring too. Skip!


Rubbish then comes with an unlisted track that's a harsh ass bolt of pop lighting. A short track, 2:24, but one of the better ones on here. Brutal way to end it.


The artwork comes in a paper 5" sleeve with a collage type look. In side features cut outs of adult classified glued on. I have a couple numbers to call now I guess. Now, I'll end by saying that I may have a few of the artists tracks incorrectly listed as some copies I guess have 12 tracks and mine has 13. I'm pretty sure the 5 are correct but after that I'm guessing. Overall it's a great remix compilation and I hope there's more pop muzak rip ups in the future from this label as this is the type of thing that can make noise fun.